Slogans are part of our everyday lives; part of our identity, culture and our very essence. In the workplace, slogans are an integral part of team building activities; stringing like minds and igniting weakened cells. Slogans are those catchphrases within our banter that only us our colleagues understand.
Slogans, they are an important aspect of team building.
It is no surprise that when the word slogan is mentioned, the images that form in the mind of most people are those with traces of coordinated actions. These are the same images associated with teamwork and team bonding.
It is therefore not out of place to incorporate slogans in the design of team building activities. At Goto Events, we understand and appreciate the fine-lined relationship between the use of slogans and team dynamics. Some of the common team building slogans include.
- “There is no ‘I’ in TEAM” ~ Anonymous
- “A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle” ~ Japanese proverb
- “A boat doesn’t go forward if each one is rowing their own way” ~ Swahili proverb
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success” Henry Ford
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team” Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others” ~ Norman Hidle
- “You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note” ~ Doug Floyd
See more at Teampedia.
It is also important to point out that team leadership and team building go hand in hand. The best team building activities amplify the best team players and team leaders. Team leaders are those that encourage participation; they have the emotional intelligence to motivate others as they are able to self-motivate. They are the ones that reiterate corporate goals and team slogans to the team members to keep them firing on all cylinders.
Importantly, team members must feel free to share how they feel and communicate with other team members within the organisation regarding all or certain aspects of an established goal. In bridging all team members together, the use of slogans play a key role; establishing purpose, motivation and intent as catch phrases are reverberated.
At Goto Events, we have plethora of team building ideas for companies with varying sizes. Speak to one of our experts today to get a quick and friendly quote. Cal us on 02071184115 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.